Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-23 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

A whole mess of things

From: Stephen Golden -27100 <goldes@cctw13.fw.gs.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 1994 16:12:23 -0400
Subject: A whole mess of things
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

So many topics I feel I can comment on...don't know where to begin.

Oh yes!  First of all Thank You to everyone involved in the tshirt and
tapetree projects making this the best Katemas for me yet ( even though
there were no Katemas parties in North Eastern America.  I haven't seen
the whole Lovehounds Collection, nor have I actually worn my shirt yet
( what color pants goes well with that shirt?  I've always been bad
with fashion ) I treasure them both dearly.

On Fruitopia ads: The article was really interesting because I was just
recently staring at a bunch of Fruitopia print ads on the NYC subway,
and thinking that the fruit in the background reminded me of the
Eat The Music cover/back of The Red Shoes album.  The copy on these
ads really sucks, which is a shame as the commercials are bright
and mesmerizing.  I haven't paid attention to the music.  I'll have
to do that.

I'm a male Katefan, and the only people I know who really know who she is
are all women ( members of the list not really counting ).  While I'll
admit to being attracted to Kate, I remember when I first saw The Whole
Story and thinking "Geez, I never really thought about what she looks like.
This is the first time I've seen a motion picture of her."  During that
time, I had all of her albums through TSW, but no singles.  So my view
of Kate was very limited.  ( I do think that her picture on the Sensual
World single, Canandian TSW album picture CD is the most attractive picture
of Kate I have seen ).  I certainly did not learn to like Kate music for
her looks.  I'm only hoping that when I have time to see the whole Lovehounds
Collection I'll actually see her talk.  Now that will be a new experience!

I recently picked up the 7" of Go West's "The King is Dead" and was very
disappointed that not only was Kate not credited on the 7", but her
backing vocals were very small ( as compared to say, "Once" which I think is
excellent ).  Can anyone tell me if her vocals on "Kimiad" are more
dominant?

And I saw an old Greenpeace album with Breathing on it.  Was this the same
mix as the NfE album track?

I recently found a promo CD of Rocketman.  This actually disappointed me as
it was released in the US, but I never heard the song on the radio.  I had
just dismissed this thinking that the US had just not distributed this song
to radio stations ( I heard a ton of the other tracks from Two Rooms on the
radio ).  But, in fact, it was the fault of the radio stations themselves.

Does anyone have a release date for "The Glory of Gershwin" in the US?

I've kept your attention for too long ( or so my boss thinks ).  Thanks
for listening.

-- Stephen Golden