Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-23 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

The Line, The Cross & The Curve

From: uli@zoodle.robin.de (Ulrich Grepel)
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 1994 09:07:00 +0200
Subject: The Line, The Cross & The Curve
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

Hi!

Thanks to the same guy that really made the tape tree possible (because he
parted with his tapes) I now do have a copy of TLTCTC on video fresh from
Swedish TV. And he parted with his tape again.

Kiitos!

Now you ask how can someone part with such high quality Kate Bush tapes?
Well, Kimmo Lindman <klindman@phoenix.oulu.fi> stopped being a Kate fanatic
just to begin being a Mylene Farmer fanatic. Now don't start flaming him
like "how could you?" - remember that without this you won't have gotten
the tape tree tapes.

Now who is Mylene Farmer?

Mylene Farmer is a Canada-born French woman who makes music (gee!) that
sometimes gets compared to Kate Bush's music. Some (or even most) of
you won't like or understand these comparisons, as they seem to happen
all the time. I won't continue comparing her, but I would say if you do
not yet know Mylene, check her out. Especially her videos are fantastic.
Most of them are more like movies than like videos. Her longest one
is over 15 minutes long. All of them are made with a very high budget,
and you DO see this. So for those liking good videos, check her out
again!

Now what does all this have to do with TLTCTC? Well, if you feel you
ripped off someone by getting the tape tree tapes, feel free to look
out for Mylene stuff. If you find something unusual you might want
to ask Kimmo if he'd like it. If you find something you want to keep
yourself, Kimmo would be happy as well.

Thanks again, Kimmo!

Bye,

Uli

P.S.: No I don't have the equipment to copy TLTCTC.

--
"Probably the 2GB file limit will be gone by January 2038, when Unix runs out
of seconds, another consequence of using 32-bit integers." - Carl Lowenstein