Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-21 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

(diffs) FAQ: rec.music.gaffa - Love-Hounds - Kate Bush

From: uli@zoodle.robin.de (Ulrich Grepel)
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 1994 23:50:00 +0200
Subject: (diffs) FAQ: rec.music.gaffa - Love-Hounds - Kate Bush
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

Archive-name: music/kate-bush-faq-diffs
Last-modified: 1994/07/25
Version: 1.1.h minus 1.1.c

This is a human understandable 'diff' from previous month's FAQ to this
month's FAQ.

If you are on the mailing list (love-hounds) instead of rec.music.gaffa this
is all you will get without further action. The full version is posted to
rec.music.gaffa only. You can get a full copy of the FAQ by requesting it from
me (uli@zoodle.robin.de). If you subscribe to the list (done by sending
email to love-hounds-request@uunet.uu.net) Bill Wisner will also provide you
with the full FAQ. If you can't receive more than 64KB in one piece I can
split the FAQ for you.

All paragraphs which have been changed/added/deleted are listed here,
additional comments in []s.

Newer versions (in decreasing order) can be obtained from me
(uli@zoodle.robin.de), from Bill Wisner (love-hounds-request@uunet.uu.net),
from various newsgroups (rec.music.gaffa, rec.music.info, rec.answers,
news.answers) or any ftp site archiving any of these groups. If you can't
receive more than 64KB in one piece I can split the FAQ for you.

[Service for those with limited mail capabilities that might be neccessary
due to the increasing size of the FAQ]

2.1. Who is Happy Rhodes?

     If you want to subscribe to
     this list, whose broad range of discussion now includes many other female
     artists (including Kate Bush), send a request to rutgers via:

        majordomo@ns1.rutgers.edu

     with a line in the message body

        subscribe ecto

     or

        subscribe ecto you@a.different.address

        ecto@ns1.rutgers.edu.

[Subscribing just got automatic]

2.3. Other mailing lists that might be of interest

     k.d. Lang

        subscribe: majordomo@world.std.com

                   no subject, "subscribe k-d-lang <your.address>" in the body.

     Milla - Reaching From Nowhere

        subscribe: majordomo@world.std.com

                   no subject, "subscribe reaching-from-nowhere" in the body.

        post:      reaching-from-nowhere@world.std.com

     Suzanne Vega - Undertow

        subscribe: listserv@vader.cc.emory.edu

                   no subject, "subscribe undertow"
                   or "subscribe undertow-digest" in the body

        post:      undertow@vader.cc.emory.edu

[three new-on-my-list-of-mailing-lists]

3.3. What is Katemas?

     Any Katemas party announced for '94 beyond the following?

     - Aug. 6, San Francisco, California: Karen Newcombe <kln@crl.com>
     - July 30th, Wellington, New Zealand:
       Phil Dyer <dyer_pd@kosmos.wcc.govt.nz>
     - July 30th [?], Bellingham, Washington (state): Gary Pomeroy

       <garyq@hebron.connected.com> or Mike K. <n8740929@henson.cc.wwu.edu>
     - Aug. 6, Albuquerque, New Mexico: Valerie Nozick <iago@einet.com>
     - July 30th, Columbus, Ohio: Missy&Richard Caldwell <nrc@cbemx.cb.att.com>

4.2. Tours

     Kate's only Tour (the "Tour of Life") happened in 1979, and fans old
     enough to experience this first hand are the lucky ones. As Steve
     Berlin [SB] once found out, each year had a different reason for not
     touring:

     1981:  Tarot advisor said not to leave bedroom
     1982:  Spent year dead for tax purposes
     1983:  Agorophobia
     1984:  Developed proof of Fermat's last theorem
     1985:  Paddy superglued her to chair as practical joke
     1986:  Was going to tour until someone explained that yes, she had
            to let the audience in.
     1987:  Did tour, but not in this dimension
     1988:  Did tour, but as backup singer for Spinal Tap
     1989:  Said would only tour "After I solve this goddamn Rubick's Cube".
     1990:  Developed rock opera based on a deaf, dumb, and blind pinball
            player. Got all depressed when told someone else did that first.
     1991:  Did tour, but only in living room in front of family.
     1992:  Spent entire year re-reading old "Flaming Carrot" comics.
     1993:  Vowed to see every film starring Harvey Keitel or Anthony Hopkins
     1994:  When asked if she'll tour, answered, "Oh, I didn't realize Hell
            froze over yet."

     Seriously:

     There's a video tape ("Live at Hammersmith Odeon") and a 4 track EP from
     the tour. The video unfortunately only contains half of the show. The
     recordings of the rest had some technical problems and the result wasn't
     up to par with Kate's standards. The only other source are vinyl bootlegs
     which all are of a very bad sound quality, since they were done from the
     audience with late 70's equipment. There are plenty of CD bootlegs from
     the video tape, but an official CD is rumored to be out soon. So all of
     you who do own such a boot, please do also buy the official release

     when/if it comes out.

[New section, thanks Stev0!]

4.3. Basic Discography/Videography

     The latest set of singles is The Man I Love in the UK (CD5, 7", cassingle)
     which appeared on July 18th in the shops and on July 25th in the British
     charts (#27, which brought an airing of the video in MTV Europe's
     Hitlist UK).

[Hot news...]

4.3. Basic Discography/Videography

     This Woman's Work Boxed Set (TWW, 1990).

        The Japanese version has:
            - more and bigger booklets in Japanese, including lyrics in English
              and Japanese, especially also for the two special CDs. The
              Japanese text basically is a hybrid of the biography entries
              from "Kate Bush Complete" and "A Visual Documentary" [TC2]

[Info about the bio is new here]

     Remaining officially published non-album and non-TWW items are:

     - The Man I Love (UK CD single/7" single/Cassingle)

[But you already knew that one, didn't you?]

     Soon to appear: Sexual Healing, a song that will appear on a Davy Spillane
     album titled A Place Among the Stars. Also soon to appear: the US dance
     remix of Rubberband Girl.

[The Man I Love is out and so removed here]

7.   Credits

     JAC:   James Alexander Chokey <jchokey@leland.Stanford.EDU>
     SB:    steve.b@TQS.COM (Steve Berlin)
     TC:    thecrow@eskimo.com (The Crow)
     TC2:   Tippi Chai <aj796@freenet.carleton.ca>

[Some new ones and the old ones, still hopelessly incomplete]

--
"Probably the 2GB file limit will be gone by January 2038, when Unix runs out
of seconds, another consequence of using 32-bit integers." - Carl Lowenstein