Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-21 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

music on the net

From: Gary Moore <gmoore@u.washington.edu>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 1994 15:04:01 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: music on the net
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

If you've got Mosaic, you may want to try pointing it toward
http://www.netmarket.com/  and then click the button that says "Go To
NetMarket".  After a couple more pages, you're at Noteworthy Music.  I've
ordered from the printed catalog a few times and have always been
pleased.

I tried looking for the soundtrack to Castaway to no avail.  (Note:
soundtracks are searched for with  movie-title-as-artist-name).  Then I
searched for Bush, Kate.  Apparently, the space after the comma was not
acceptable--I'd guess--because there was nothing listed.  Then I searched
for "Bush". They have 12 Kate Bush titles right now, about half of them
have pictures available with the album details.  You can browse about,
clicking the little boxes next to the titles to indicate what you want
and then move on to ordering.

The prices look great, though less attractive after you add shipping
charges.  A co-worker and I recently ordered a bunch of discs together
and split the postage.

Um, yes.  Well.  There you have it.

 gmoore@u.washington.edu       gary@ssc.com       surreal@eskimo.com
 "But now that we have our freedom, what does it mean to us if we
  are ready to give it up piecemeal every time someone tries to
  stampede us with the word 'crisis' or promises us goodies to be
  handed out by government?"  -- Thomas Sowell