Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-20 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Dreams of Kate

From: "Karen L. Newcombe" <kln@crl.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 1994 11:40:09 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Dreams of Kate
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

Speaking of dreams . . . I've had several.  Once I dreamed that I walked
into a record store in my old neighborhood and they had hundreds of
totally unknown Kate singles for $1.00 each.

When I woke up I went to the store and they actually had a sealed, marble
HOL w/stickers for $5.99.  They had bought out the stock of a record
store that went out of business; this stuff had been in storage for five
years.  Unfortunately someone at a party opened the album up and put it
on the turntable, even though the CD of HOL was sitting right there
staring them in the face.  Fortunately I caught them about midway through
RUTH and returned the thing to its sleeve.  I could have died.

That same record store was where I found the Cloudbusting promo CD for
$1.75.  This was before I was a diehard and I didn't know what it was;
neither did they.

Another Kate dream involved diving in the Caribbean.  I'd been living on
a yacht with some friends and scuba diving for weeks.  We were near some
small island whose only use was as a convention center.  A fishing boat
came by and told us Kate was giving an interview and talking with fans at
this convention center.  We swam over but missed the whole thing.  I sat
down at the conference table in my wetsuit and suddenly an echo of the
whole conference replayed itself for me, except everyone was slightly
transparent like TV ghosts. (television, not transvestite)

So I got to see Kate anyway, in my dream, once removed from live.  Weird!

Anyone else out there?  Let's do a book . . . who cares who dreams about
Madonna.

Karen  kln@crl.com