Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-19 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Rocks

From: Andrea@hivnet.ubc.ca
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 1994 13:10:00 -0800
Subject: Re: Rocks
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

Gideon!

>Perhaps, when you consider that this tradition would either have developed
>in the middle east, where a flower left on a grave would shrivel in the heat
>in 10 minutes, or later, in the poorest shtetles (villages) of Poland
>(this is more likely) where cut flowers were unheard of...
>It makes more sense.

Yes.  I don't know why I didn't think of it.  Which makes me wonder why we
don't all do it.  I mean, Christianity originated in the same place and I'm
sure there were plenty of places where there were no cut flowers.  As I
understand it FTD is a relatively recent phenomenon.  :-)  Thanks for
clearing up the mystery though.

I was going to reply to your other post, but I deleted it under the
impression that you were going to say more on the subject.  I was wrong.
Sorry.  I can't remember what you said now.  :-(

AndreA