Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-19 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Live in London '79

From: asteg@k12.ucs.umass.edu (Albert Steg (Winsor))
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 1994 02:04:56 GMT
Subject: Live in London '79
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: usenet@k12.ucs.umass.edu (USENET News System)

I had a couple of people ask me abou the virtues of the 1979 "Live in
London" recording in compsrison to other recordings from that tour.

The short answer is that life is too short for me to spend lots of time
comparing the different recordings of that tour. Fo me, one good recording
from that tour is enough, unless of course, a good-quality, more
comprehensive recording of that tour (with the poetry, etc) were to come
along.  I would like to have a good recording of the unusual "Egypt"
arrangement I've heard mentioned, but I havent seen a good CD with that
track on it.

For what it's worth, my CD of the London concert (unless it's mis-labeled)
is part of the "Super Golden Radio Shows" series (#013).  It's got a pretty
cool picture of Kate from waist up in green light looking askance at her
right index finger, which is pointing up. A VERY cool live picture,
actually.  I picked this one beacuae the sound on it was better than the
other copy the store had ("Burning Desire" --sheesh what a stupid title).
It's got twelve tracks on it --I guess it's the video soundtrack.

Albert
--
"When it was proclaimed that the Library contained all books,the
first impression was one of extravagant happiness. All men felt