Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-19 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Just the FAQ, M'am

From: steve.b@TQS.COM (Steve Berlin)
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 94 11:34:36 PDT
Subject: Just the FAQ, M'am
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

Hi-

Normally I make these recommendations to Uli about the FAQ by private
EMail, but since this concerns lots o' folks names, I thought I'd post
this so people can make corrections and especially additions.

When I suggested adding "credits" to the FAQ, I envisioned something
like the "Viet Nam War Memorial"-style list of names like in the back
of The New Hacker's Dictionary (gratuitous plug:  find my name in the
second addition).

However, I like Uli's part of saying who did what, however, if it's
going to be done that way, it is far from being complete.  Ergo, I
suggest adding the following names (in more or less how their data
appears in the FAQ):

Richard & Melissa Caldwell - Tori Amos experts par excellance

Vicki Mapes - Happy Rhodes font of wisdom

Here's some more names that I'd be surpised if they DIDN'T add anything,
but I have no idea who added what where:

Chris Williams, Peter Manchester (Lovehound's resident folklorist),
IED (of course - and welcome back!), and God knows who else.

(That's YOUR cue!  Fill in names I missed.)

I left out names (like I'm sure Uli did) that were previously mentioned
but undoubtedly added to the FAQ (such as |>oug, Peter Fitzgerald-Morris,
etc.)

- Stev0 the MotherFAQer

P.S. To get this Life, The Universe, and Everything thread into a
Kate-related topic, a book about Douglas Adams the Hitchhiker's books
(and radio show and TV show and computer game) called "Don't Panic"
was written by - Neil Gaiman!  (Yes, THAT Neil Gaiman, of Sandman fame,
and good friend of... Tori Amos!)