Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-19 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

(diffs) FAQ: rec.music.gaffa - Love-Hounds - Kate Bush

From: uli@zoodle.RoBIN.de (Ulrich Grepel)
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 1994 00:20:00 +0200
Subject: (diffs) FAQ: rec.music.gaffa - Love-Hounds - Kate Bush
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net

Archive-name: music/kate-bush-faq-diffs
Last-modified: 1994/06/25
Version: 1.1.c minus 1.1.a

This is a human understandable 'diff' from previous month's FAQ to this
month's FAQ.

If you are on the mailing list (love-hounds) instead of rec.music.gaffa this
is all you will get without further action. The full version is posted to
rec.music.gaffa only. You can get a full copy of the FAQ by requesting it from
me (uli@zoodle.robin.de). If you subscribe to the list (done by sending
email to love-hounds-request@uunet.uu.net) Bill Wisner will also provide you
with the full FAQ.

All paragraphs which have been changed/added/deleted are listed here,
additional comments in []s.

I didn't list corrections of spelling errors this time - there were too many
of them and you probably don't want to see them anyway...

-------------------8<-------------------
0.   The Convention

     - a raffle which got the lucky winner the Japanese gold record for
       Lionheart as well as a kiss stolen from Kate

[I most definitely forgot the way that kiss was given...]

2.1. Who is Happy Rhodes?

     How to get Happy's CDs:

        CD's (prices in US currency)
        Title                   Order #         Price

        Building the Colossus   yet unknown     13.99? (new album out soon)

[There's a new one coming out very soon now]

2.2. Who is Tori Amos?

     that is there is no bounce mail. A massive world tour is running right
     now. Watch out for limited editions of Tori's singles, since they ARE
     limited and the first UtP one, Cornflake Girl, was quite fast sold out
     completely.

[changed: future -> history wrt. latest singles being out 'soon']

2.3. Other mailing lists that might be of interest

     Bel Canto - dewy-fields

        subscribe: dewy-fields-request@ifi.uio.no

        post:      dewy-fields@ifi.uio.no

[Yet another interesting mailing list]

3.3. What is Katemas?

     In 1992 there were parties in Boston, San Francisco, Chicago, Australia,
     Israel, San Diego, and San Jose.

[San Jose is new in this list]

     Any Katemas party announced for '94?

     I think I remember one being announced for the Bay Area, more details?

[Any more parties???]

4.4. Fanzines

     Never For Ever
        Never For Ever is another long-established fanzine. It has been dormant
        for the last year or so and will unfortunately soon ceise to exist.

[ :-( ]

7.   Credits

     The history of this FAQ starts with Jorn Barger writing a first FAQ for
     rec.music.gaffa/Love-Hounds. Later Ron Hill continued maintaining it.
     After Ron stopped to post I (i.e. Uli Grepel) continued this with a
     halfway rewrite. Even if I've written a lot of the stuff above it's not
     all my knowledge, it's yours, since I've pulled most of it from
     rec.music.gaffa itself. To list the contributors in finest detail would be
     impossible, since there are so many, especially of those who 'just pointed
     out some errors' to me. Steve Berlin, who spell checked it, suggested this
     section.

     Some contributors that I somehow do remember (feel free to suggest more,
     I'll verify it...):

     JAC:   James Alexander Chokey <jchokey@leland.Stanford.EDU>
     TC:    thecrow@eskimo.com (The Crow)

[new section]

"Take your bizarre and petty discussions elsewhere." - New Fan
"This *IS* 'elsewhere'." - |>oug, Love-Hounds founder

I corrected a spelling error here and wanted to check whether I'd better
do a [sic!] or a real correction. Real correction is better, since the
whole thing should really be:

<<"Take your bizzare
"This *IS* 'elsewhere'." - |>oug, Love-Hounds founder>> - Ron Hill

;-)

Ciao,

Uli

--
"Mann, was glaubst'n Du, was das fuer 'ne Rechenleistung is?" - "'n 66'er,
_mindestens_" (2*anon, CeBIT '94, SGI booth, Onyx/PowerChallenge presentation)