Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-18 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Ad: free Amy X Neuburg stuff

From: racercd@netcom.com (Kristi Wachter (Racer))
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 1994 04:29:45 -0800
Subject: Ad: free Amy X Neuburg stuff
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Hi there,

I've been reading the gaffa newsgroup for a few weeks now (partially
because I like Kate's music a lot, but also because my boyfriend is a BIG
fan), and I thought some of you might be interested in Amy X Neuburg.

I run a little indie label out of San Francisco. Amy X Neuburg is one of
the artists on the label. Like many female artists who use synths, Amy gets
compared to Kate a lot. (A very nice review in Keyboard said she was
"America's answer to Kate Bush" and then went on to say even THAT wasn't
fair - Amy was a unique voice in her own right.) I tend to think these
comparisons are unfair to both Kate and to the other artists, but I suppose
it does help us all figure out whether we might be interested in an artist
we haven't heard before.

ANYWAY, I wanted to let you know about a couple of things:

First, Racer puts out a free sampler, which has two of Amy's songs on it,
along with 9 other tracks. The sampler is completely, totally free (no
shipping, no handling, no salesman will come to your door). To get one,
just drop me a message at racercd@netcom.com with a mailing address and
your format preference (CD or cassette). It would be nice if the subject of
your message said something like "sampler request" to help me keep track.

Second, Racer has an anonymous ftp site, and I've just uploaded ten sound
files taken from Amy's album. (The CD has 12 tracks; I've uploaded samples
from all but the two that are on the sampler.) There are WAV files and SND
(Mac) files. To grab the files, ftp to ftp.netcom.com and navigate to
pub/racercd. From there, you'll want to choose Mac-files or PC-files; it
should be fairly obvious from there.

We also have a mailing list; you can subscribe by sending mail to
listserv@netcom.com with the line "subscribe racer-records" in the body of
the message.

This message is intended as a "hey here's something you might be interested
in" note, and I hope it comes across in that spirit. These are free things
that I think Kate fans may well enjoy. There are albums for sale, but if
you're interested, you can find out more in the ftp site or by writing me.

Thanks for your indulgence ... and thanks for co-creating such a cool,
active, interesting newsgroup.

Grinning madly and wishing you peace,

Kristi
Racer Records

*****

P.S. Bill - please forgive me if this message arrived twice ... I had a bit
of a problem with Eudora yesterday. Thanks!