Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Hello and...

From: Tony Bonjorno <bruceg@u.washington.edu>
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 1994 20:27:08 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Hello and...
To: Love-Hounds-Request@uunet.UU.NET
Cc: Love-Hounds@uunet.UU.NET

By way of inroduction, my name is Bruce Gordon (don't mind the other
names attached to the address) and I'm a musician.  I play piano, chapman
stick, recorder, guitar and anything else I can get my paws on.  For many
years now I have performed and recorded (small scale) and my favorite
review was one that described me as " a combination of Kate Bush and
Brian Eno.  Unusual, very unusual..."( a Boston rag, 1986).  Why am I
telling you this?  Because I love Kate(and Pad, too) and I think that
many of us here on the Houndbeat are really too picky or judge by
ridiculous standards.  I am patient with every artist I love (even Toyah
and Nina Hagen) and I appreciate EVERYTHING that these artists do.  Some
of their works are questionable in taste and quality, but they are still
labours of love and beauty and should be reckoned as such, not belittled
because of your, albeit questionable, taste.  Have you ever really
listened to "Ken?"  I first was shocked and I had some naaughty thoughts
I must admit, but it is just part of the whole story, all puns intended.
It's now one of my favorites.  Technically, the song Hounds of Love is 3
chords and if you replaced the instruments with only guitar and had a guy
sing it, it would sound like a Frank Sinatra, JR song...I'm kidding,
ofcourse.  But do you get my point?  De gustibus est non disputandem,
yeah, yeah...Why do I love you is the perfect melding of the "prince
thing" and kate, which, personally, I never would have thought of.

so what do ya' think?     bruce
			(bruceg@u.washington.edu)