Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Alchemy kind of day

From: "Karen L. Newcombe" <kln@crl.com>
Date: Mon, 30 May 1994 13:46:38 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Alchemy kind of day
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

With all the back-and-forth about YWA I cannot resist putting in my two
cents worth:

I think it is a rare song partly because Kate does not make a practice of
giving us a slice of her day.  We have many songs that may or may not be
based on some incident that may or may not have happened to her or one of
her friends.  We have songs based on books, movies, or social issues that
have caught Kate's interest.  We have songs based on spiritual studies,
but very few songs can be pegged to direct daily experiences.

I find it is refreshing to have something like this appear in her work.
Next thing you know she'll write an ode to her herbaceous border ;)

Karen  kln@crl.com