Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-16 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

sound quality on The Red Shoes

From: Gary Moore <gmoore@u.washington.edu>
Date: Tue, 24 May 1994 12:53:16 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: sound quality on The Red Shoes
To: Jon Drukman <jon@opcode.com>
Cc: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

On Tue, 24 May 1994, Jon Drukman wrote:
> we just got a set of $5000 Meyer monitors for our studio and they do not
> lie.  the red shoes sounds like shit.

I'm glad to hear someone else say this!  I bought the CD but was without
a player for months until just recently.  Last night I taped _The_Red_
Shoes_ on a rather good Tascam I use for live gigs and have been
listening to it here at work on a rather good walkman and ... I'm
thinking about re-recording it just so I can change the equalization on a
few songs.

 magritte@goren.u.washington.edu                        Quote of foolishness:
 gmoore@u.washington.edu             "Self-interest has no place in society."
 surreal@eskimo.com                     -- Sandy Cuney, Handgun Control, Inc.