Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-14 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Tori answers Kate question..

From: Les <WADD@VM1.YorkU.CA>
Date: Thu, 05 May 94 21:52:34 EDT
Subject: Tori answers Kate question..
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Sorry for the delay....but I've been very busy lately....anyway...here is
the Kate-related portion of an hour long interview with Tori Amos at CFNY
in Toronto.

Audience member: "Um, I really admire you, just because...not only your music
but the kind of person you are and, umm, I was wondering...your vocal ability..
it reminds me so much of Kate Bush's and I know that when she was younger, she
trained a lot (Tori breaks out with laughter)...but yours seems to come out
naturally.  Its almost as if you didn't train for it. I was just wondering
about that."

Tori: "Well, when I was about 17, I was playing clubs and people would come up
to me and go, "you sound like Kate Bush" and at the time I would say, "I don't
...I don't know that but I've heard of her."  So eventually of course, I got
a record and I didn't really think that I sounded like her but maybe there are
moments.....there are moments....who knows what my great, great, great
grandfather was doing back there...you don't know where the genes go (audience
laughter).  I do admit that there are moments of 'God, thats uncanny'.  I mean
I guess if somebody was gonna do like...you know...is it live or is it
Memorex?...we could probably do eachother and nobody would know, unless you
really have a good ear...but ummmm....she smokes a little more weed than I
do! (audience laughter...slow at first)...so I'd have to catch up.(Tori laughs)

D.J. : "Uh Oh....I hope no one heard that out there" (laughs)

Tori: "...just a little more (weed)...not a bad thing!

D.J. : "..and on that note..could we get you to do another..."

Tori: "Hey! the Peace Pipe guys...the native Americans...thats how this
country was formed. (audience laughter) .....another song?"

D.J. : "Yeah, if you don't mind"

Tori launches into "Smokin' in the boys room...."

Thats it for the Kate related stuff....sorry once again for the delay....

Les