Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: What does it matter?

From: csh050@cck.coventry.ac.uk (Stuart Houghton)
Date: 3 May 1994 12:51:20 +0100
Subject: Re: What does it matter?
To: rec-music-gaffa@britain.eu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: csh050@cck.coventry.ac.uk

In article <9404281329.AA18918@nettech1.nettech.com>,
Super Dave? <dfleenor@nettech.com> wrote:

>> Why say *anything* about Kate's looks in the FAQ? There's no need to
>> say "yes, she's a fox" or "yes, she is beautiful" or anything else.
>> Those with eyes can see. It's as silly as saying "yes, she is a woman"
>> or even "yes, she has two arms and two legs" because it's irrelevant
>> to her *MUSIC*.

I always took the 'Yes, she is a fox' line in the FAQ to be a light hearted
reference to the fact that upon their first encounter with KaTe's music
(and more importantly, her album covers and videos) the reaction of a
great many of her fans is a combination of musical awe and deep seated
sexual longing :-)

If you want a purpose for the line in the FAQ then look no further than
the fact that it will reduce bandwidth by stopping newbies from posting
articles about how jaw-droppingly gorgeous Our Lady is.

Having said that, this particular thread looks likely to occupy a rather
large chunk of gaffa bandwidth for some time to come.

Personally, I think it is harmless enough - it isn't as though the author
(notice how I don't mention who wrote it? :-) is devoting pages & pages
of text describing Her physical form or using particularly offensive or
denigrating terms (I mean, come on, is 'fox' REALLY that insulting?).

However, if it going to cause this much time wasting, give in to the
language-nazis and delete the wretched thing.

Stu.

--
Stuart Houghton.
Unflinching Agent of the Counter Culture