Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Pink FLOYD and Kate Bush?

From: chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (chris williams)
Date: Sun, 1 May 94 01:18 CDT
Subject: Re: Pink FLOYD and Kate Bush?
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

>i'm sorry for my ignorance, but i've lurked around here for a few weeks and
>yesterday i heard something weird?...(everything is weird)
>
>but, someone told me that David Gilmour of Pink Floyd fame "discovered"
>(helped at least) Kate Bush....true?  connections? what album(s) did they
>collaborate on....?

   One of Kate's brothers knew a man named Ricky Hopper who knew David
Gilmour. Dave was looking for artists that he could help to get signed.
He heard tapes of Kate and recorded some demos (Passing Through Air has
made it into a b-side.) He later helped pay for three full
studio-quality songs _Saxaphone Song_, _The Man With The Child In His
Eyes_ and an unreleased track called _Maybe_.

   Dave contributed backing vocals on _The Dreaming_, guitar on _Love
And Anger_ and has played with Kate on a benefit performance of
_Running Up That Hill_.

                          Chris Williams of
                             Chris'n'Vickie of Chicago
                               chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (his)