Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: To Jorn <very short>

From: jorn@MCS.COM (Jorn Barger)
Date: 30 Apr 1994 11:04:07 -0500
Subject: Re: To Jorn <very short>
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <CMM-RU.1.4.767680818.vickie@pilot.njin.net>,
WretchAwry <vickie@pilot.njin.net> wrote:
>I'll only say this once. **LEAVE US ALONE**!! You're only doing this
>now to try and ruin the mood of the KonvenTion festivities. I refuse
>to play your psychotic/paranoid/sociopthic little game.
>
>You *desperately* need psychiatric help. *Please* see a doctor.
>
>Vickie

Vickie, your trip is being funded in part by ~$350 in loans I made you
that you've refused to repay, on the grounds that during a 2+ hours
***volunteer support sesssion***, at your request, during which you
entrusted me with stories you'd never even told to Chris, I made a
comment that you *interpreted* as insensitive (and have never extended
the courtesy of asking for clarification).

This was near the end of a friendship that began in 1990 when, without
knowing you at all, I came and *without charge* carried dozens and
dozens of your boxes of records, etc, and your furniture, etc up two
flights of stairs, and then lent you $200 (when you'd asked for $100).
Later that year, I arranged your lodging at the London convention,
bought you presents, and loaned another $40.

Over the following years I made many other gifts, and supported your
radio show as I doubt anyone else has.  I loaned you a copy of
"Cathy" with the understanding that you would pay me for it when
you could.

In 1992 I loaned Chris my $500 printer.  When he was in a state of
great emotion after pulling the plug on your net addiction, he
telephoned *me* for support, which I gave.

The first hint of a problem between us came when Jeffrey C. Burka
viciously and selfishly flamed me on Ecto, and I felt the members of
that group, yourself included, were less-than-responsible in their
reactions.  I consider that your emotional dependency on Ecto is the
root of a lot of this problem.

(There are many details of your behavior during 1992 that I could cite
that would give others a much clearer understanding of your motives
and morals, but I haven't because I consider that using personal
confidences to discredit others is beneath contempt.)

*Thinking that I had established a solid relationship of trust*, I
took the chance of engaging Chris in a debate on a subject about
which he clearly considers his *opinion* to be an unchallengeable fact.
I undertook this in the hopes of opening doors for your healing
process, that Chris would have forced closed.

In consequence of this, Chris has mounted a campaign of hate and
slander that grows uglier and uglier with each new lie.  My utterly
selfless effort to mount a tape tree were turned into a vicious, lying
*rout*.  You have refused to repay the loans I made, or return the
book.  (Tom Richards says the last copy sold at auction went for $350,
but I have asked only that if you want to keep it you pay $200, the
price Tom judged most fair.)

Yet you close your eyes to Chris's now-compulsive lying, you continue
to threaten to drag *yet more* of my private life into the conflict,
no doubt distorted beyond recognition, as has become Chris's style.

And you rationalize all this on the grounds invented by Chris to
justify his obscenely egomaniacal need to squelch serious discussion
of other viewpoints on spirituality: that I no longer *qualify* for
*any* human rights, because during this *volunteer support session* I
said that *I was having trouble hearing your pain* (even though I was
trying), and that in one particular instance I thought you were
melodramatising an event that carries much less weight, in certain
areas, than you seemed to attribute to it.

...Yeah, katefans, they're the best.  Can't go wrong, with katefans.
Everybody, give Chris and Vickie every respect at the Con.  Remember--
they're *the* couple of the network era...

(Just hope Chris doesn't cross paths with Lily...)