Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-12 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Single Foxes

From: WretchAwry <vickie@pilot.njin.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 94 0:42:14 EDT
Subject: Single Foxes
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Loves: Kate Bush..Happy Rhodes..Jane Siberry..Tori Amos..Peter Gabriel..

Thanks to Peter for the info about the Kon venue!

 (Albert Steg (Winsor School) writes:
> At any rate, I'd like to second the comment that the "Yes, she is a
> fox" line in the FAQ is objectionable.

For the record, if anyone's counting, the "fox" line bothers me too.

> From: ea965@cleveland.Freenet.Edu (Jon Haverman)
> Subject: Singles File
> I was at a record show in Cleveland this past Sunday, and I was
> surprised to see two dealers selling THE SINGLES FILE; complete
> with all singles and book.                    -?-

Wow, that's quite a find!

Just a short, gentle correction: it's The Single File. The main reason
I'm correcting this is to remind people...at the time The Single
File (box set) was released, Kate also released a videotape with the
same name, which has since been deleted (replaced by The Whole Story
videos.) The Single File videotape was never released in the USA and
Canada, and a few years ago a bootleg videotape surfaced bearing the
name *The Singles File*.

I've never heard of anyone bootlegging the singles box, but if the
name of the set you saw actually was The Single*s* File, then they're
bootlegs too. Otherwise, my correction isn't very important, but I
thought I'd throw it out anyway. The more common thing to happen to
the singles set was for (some) dealers to break open the set and sell
the singles individually. That's another reason why TSF box sets are
rare.

Vickie

"It could take me all my life, but it would only take a moment to
 tell you what I'm feeling..."  KTB