Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate Bush Special

From: szpltdwn@dale.ucdavis.edu ()
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 1994 20:37:50 GMT
Subject: Kate Bush Special
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: usenet@rocky.ucdavis.edu (News Guru)

Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

   KDVS 90.3 FM in Davis (5 kilowatts irradiating the Sacramento Valley
and Sierra foothills) will be having  a "Katemass" Special on Saturday eve
May 14th as part of their annual "on-air" fundraiser. It should include
some Kate rarities (including some light-hearted parodies - including one
by Kate herself "England, My Leotard"!).
   KDVS is currently under some threat by a conservative student Council
who wants to "mainstream" its programming so a successful fundraiser is
paramount to keeping it alive. We are currently trying to gather up some
nifty "premiums" to give away to those who donate during various special
programs - so if you want to help keep this 'lifeline of alternative
music' (and that includes blues, folk,jazz, reggae,punk and a bevy of
other genres that the Jurassic-Rock stations of Sacramento refuse to play)
send them to   :     Jerry Drawhorn
                     "Kate Bush Special"
                     C/O  KDVS-FM
                     14 Lower Freeborn Hall
                     University of California
                     Davis   CA    95616    USA

     Any interesting Kate related items would be much appreciated.
Videos, tape rarities (feel free to dub them- they may find their way
onto the show), posters, postcards, fan-zines, etc.
           Thanks for helping!

                           Jerry