Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate singing for Comic Strip Presents

From: chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (chris williams)
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 94 15:19 CDT
Subject: Re: Kate singing for Comic Strip Presents
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

>Yup! That's Home for Christmas which was just recently officially published
>as a b-side for (some of) the Moments of Pleasure singles and as a b-side
>of the US version of the Rubberband Girl single.
>
>> I mention this because without having any of the KT reference files on
>> hand I'm not sure if this is a known fact.  I have the videotape here,
>> so I guess I could upload a .wav file to some FTP site if it's of any
>> The song didn't strike me as particularly memorable, but maybe I'll listen
>> to it again just to be sure ...
>
>It's a nice piece! (And the first Katesong that features an acoustic guitar that
>prominently)

   ...except of course for the wonderful acoustic guitar played by John
Williams (no relation) on _The Morning Fog_.

   BTW, in re the "Kate In Africa" rumour...it appears to be exactly
that. Kate *is* on holiday, but she is still in England.

                          Chris Williams of
                             Chris'n'Vickie of Chicago
                               chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (his)
                                 vickie@njin.rutgers.edu      (hers)