Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: The line, The Cross, The Curve

From: chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (chris williams)
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 94 00:26 CDT
Subject: Re: The line, The Cross, The Curve
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

>THis may be an old queastion because I have been off the group
>for awhile.
>
>Has the video "The line, the cross, the curve"  been issued yet?

   In a word, no.

>I was told it was scheduled for a January release date, however,
>I can not find it anywhere?
>
>If it is out, how is it?

   It has shown at a very few film festivals. Once in Berkeley,
once in New York, once in Toronto, and a showing or two in the UK
and Europe. Several very lucky people saw it and wrote reviews.

   The opinion seemed to be:

Kate is not a great actress
Kate is a pretty good director with a great sense of color.
The script doesn't make a great deal of sense, but it worked in
it's own way.
It was much better than "Cats" and they want to see it again and again.

                          Chris Williams of
                             Chris'n'Vickie of Chicago
                               chrisw@fciad2.bsd.uchicago.edu (his)
                                 vickie@njin.rutgers.edu      (hers)