Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-08 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Please? and oh please

From: Suspended In Duct Tape <METH@delphi.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 1994 23:03:09 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Please? and oh please
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Hi!

First, do we know if the date of the KonvenTion has been etched in stone
yet?  It's getting well on time to take care of flight arrangements for those
of us who are planning to come from away, and we're getting nervous!

Chris stated:

>   The _Little Earthquakes_ videos/photos have a number of similarities
>with early Kate videos. These may be coincidences, but I doubt it.

Oh no, here we go again...

>I don't think Tori is imitating Kate. I think Tori's video director/
>photographer has a pretty good Kate video collection. The most obvious
>direct lift is in the "Crucify" video, Tori and her doppleganger's
>side-to-side hip shift an obvious homage to the "Strange Phenomena"
>video from the _Die Eftling_ (sp?) videos. That and their mutual
>early fondness for footwear verging on fetish items.

Oh, please.

If you can prove to me that Cindy Palmano has somehow managed to procure
a copy of the _Die Efteling_ footage and, moreover, consciously got Tori
to imitate part of it in the "Crucify" video, I will pay you a large sum
of cash I don't have.

*Meredith A. Tarr               New Haven, CT USA            meth@delphi.com*
*"Sure,she's female,she plays piano,she's on nodding terms with the fairies,*
* but all [Tori] Amos has in common with [Kate] Bush is that there's no one *
* like either of them." - from Western Australian review of _Under The Pink_*