Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-08 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

another (?) Tori rip-off of KaTe?

From: aj796@FreeNet.Carleton.CA (Tippi Chai)
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 1994 00:24:59 -0500
Subject: another (?) Tori rip-off of KaTe?
To: <rec-music-gaffa@math.waterloo.edu>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@freenet.carleton.ca

I don't remember  seeing it mentioned, but while watching the Tori video for
"Winter" I noticed that when she dances with a bunch of kids,
the way she moves her arms in a circle above her head is exactly the
same way that Kate dances in "The Senaul World."

I have a friend who saw some of my old Kate footage.  His comment
was "if Kate is so talented why does she wear those flimsy, sexy
numbers?"  It was the Razzmatazz segment that prompted this observation.
(The children's show where Kate appeared in a very low-cut top.)
Looking at Tori's old videos, I felt the same way about her, and what's worse
Tori does all those pouting and alluring looks which intensifies the
feeling that she is presenting herself as a flirt.  Luckily the
new video "Cornflake Girl" has no extreme closeups of that pout!

The New Music segment with Kate contains clips of interviews with Kate and
Del, which were already shown on "Egos & Icons: Kate Bush".
--
Tippi Chai, Toronto, ON, Canada             aj796@freenet.carleton.ca
"It's really happenin' to ya!" Kate Bush    "My past is warpaint" Happy Rhodes