Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-08 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Seattle Tori show and pre-concert get-togethers

From: markhan@microsoft.com
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 94 11:56:51 PST
Subject: Seattle Tori show and pre-concert get-togethers
To: a-cchov@microsoft.com, a-whitz@microsoft.com, dawna@microsoft.com, bowman@lib.pdx.edu, bvmi@odin.cc.pdx.edu, dgs1300@aw101.iasl.ca.boeing.com, fresse@wwc.edu, hpurcell@wln.com, Love-Hounds@uunet.UU.NET, rdt@gradient.cis.upenn.edu, wagnerb@hebron.connected.com

First, about the show:  I noticed on one of Tori's albums she thanks
Bosendorfer.  For those who don't know, Bosendorfer makes one of the
finest, if not THE finest, pianos in the world.  UW has one at Meany
Hall they bought in the late '70's, list price at the time was around
$75k.  Let's hope Tori gets to use it.  It's HUGE, I think 11 or 12
feet long, and very shiny black.  If anybody gets to talk to her, they
might ask her how she likes it.

Now, about the get-togethers.  Not being on rtd mailing list, I didn't
realize that some people there were planning to get together at the
Last Exit.  I had actually considered the Last Exit, but decided on
Giogio's.  Since I've told a bunch of people about it, we're going to
stay there.  No hard feelings, in fact, I think it's great there's
enough interest to have 2 gatherings!  I also didn't realize the Last
Exit had moved, sounds like it's real close to Giorgio's.  So, for
those who haven't committed themselves, you have your choice - or you
can even go back and forth between the 2!  Also, while Giorgio's serves
alcohol, I'm almost certain that we will be in the restauraunt portion
and minors are welcome.  I told them people might be asking for the
Tori Amos party.  Maybe I'll wear my parrot tie, so I'll be recognizable.

Mark Hanson, markhan@microsoft.com