Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

don't give up cover versions

From: uli@zoodle.RoBIN.de (Ulrich Grepel)
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 1994 22:38:00 +0100
Subject: don't give up cover versions
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

There are two cover versions of Don't Give Up, both by the London Symphonic
Sound Orchestra. One is an instrumental, that's fairly ok. The other one is
with vocals. A Choir. Well, you probably don't want to know how this sounds.
Just let me tell you that I prefer the Gabriel/Sting/O'Connor live version
above this one...

Bye,

Uli

The London Starlight Orchestra - One More Night 1 Hits For Lovers
    1987
    This album contains an instrumental cover version of Don't Give Up
CD  Star Inc.                        Swe/Swe        CD 86017

        The London Starlight Orchestra - One More Night        64:26
           1) Two People                                        3:53
           2) Don't Give It [SIC!!!] Up                         5:30
           3) I'll Be Over You                                  3:54
           4) Without Your Love                                 4:40
           5) Somewhere Out There                               3:52
           6) One More Night                                    4:33
           7) Biltis                                            3:28
           8) Through The Barricades                            5:31
           9) Somewhere                                         5:17
          10) Broken Wings                                      5:21
          11) Crockett's Theme                                  3:43
          12) Do What You Do                                    4:42
          13) Send In The Clowns                                5:10
          14) Night Shift                                       4:52

The London Starlight Orchestra & Singers 1 Two People 1 18 midnight popsongs
    1988
    Cover version of Don't Give Up
CD  Star Inc.                        NL/B        CD 86025

        The London Starlight Orchestra & Singers

            - Two People - 18 Midnight Popsongs                64:27
           1) Two People                                        3:12
           2) All At Once                                       3:55
           3) I'll Be Over You                                  3:10
           4) Somewhere                                         5:07
           5) Sweet Freedom                                     3:20
           6) Don't Give Up                                     3:52
           7) Take My Breath Away                               4:02
           8) People                                            3:46
           9) One More Night                                    2:46
          10) Somewhere Out There                               3:50
          11) When The Going Gets Tough                         2:18
          12) Do What You Do                                    3:23
          13) Nikita                                            3:22
          14) I Don't Know How To Love Him                      4:01
          15) Everybody Wants To Rule The World                 3:01
          16) Night Shift                                       4:28
          17) We Don't Need Another Hero                        2:53
          18) Smooth Operator                                   4:01

--
"Everywhere I've been in Manhattan the streets are
called Walk and Don't Walk." - Terry Pratchett