Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

more love-hound in Japan?

From: YAMAMOTO Sozo <sozo@crl.mei.co.jp>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 1994 19:46:26 +0900
Subject: more love-hound in Japan?
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Sender: sozo@oak.crl.mei.co.jp

In personal communication, a "veteran" love-hound encouraged me as,

>   Please consider posting your "How I first heard Kate" story. You are
> the first Japanese love-hound (to my knowledge.)

I don't think I am an only love-hound/rec.music.gaffa subscriber in Japan.
There should be some (if not many) people in Japan who read but don't post.
In fact, I had been a reader of r.m.g. for more than two years before
my first post.

I think reading/writing english is mainly the problem.
Average Jananese people will find difficulty in following discussions
going on this group, both from language barrier and much `professional'
discussions.
I myself could not volunteer for the translate-the-Japanese-TWW-booklet
project two years ago, to which I thought I could contribute in some way,
for fear of taking too much time struggling with english text.

So, please mail me, if you are a Japanese.

I myself has been a fan of Kate from LH period.
At that time, Kate was a popular musician with her appearance in
Tokyo Music Festival.
But, as the amount of information decreases, Kate seems to get less
popular in Japan.
To many people (who know Kate but not fans),
Kate remains to be a girl with Wuthering Heights here.

Kate has been treated as a mystic and enigmatic figure in Japanese music
industry. Perhaps more than in other contries.
The flap attached to The Red Shoes CD case says like,
	When the fairy wears red shoes..., a new story begins.
It doesn't differ much from the beggining, when the title `The Kick Inside'
was translated as `angel and little witch' in Japanese.

 | Central Research Laboratories, Matsushita Electric Industrial Co., Ltd. |
 +--- sozo@crl.mei.co.jp -- Phone:+81-7749-8-2531 -- FAX:+81-7749-8-2582 --+