Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

sugar and spice and all things tori

From: art10937@leonis.nus.sg (Tay Jin Shandy)
Date: 14 Feb 1994 06:30:55 GMT
Subject: sugar and spice and all things tori
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Tori seems to use this system of variations in coming up with new stuff,
the way classical composers expand from a basic motiff. I don't know how
true this is but you can apparently see how some songs connect to
certain others. For example, Winter & Icicle come under one theme,
likewise with Thoughts & Silent All These Years; the strings
section in Yes, Anastasia smacks of Flying Dutchman. Certain
phrases (thematic (obviously), lyrical & musical) keep recurring. It'd be
interesting if someone could come out with a schematic diagram of Tori's
songs & instrumental pieces. Any takers?
By the way, has someone compiled Tori's discography yet? Can't wait to
cry when I see how many singles I missed. Also, does anyone have the
lyrics of the stuff from her singles. No offense, but sometimes Her
Sublime Toriness smothers words with that ooh-so-raptuous
wail/howl/moan/etc/etc. Thanx!
TJ