Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

I am arose of Sharon,
a lily of the valleys.

As a lily among brambles,
so is my love among maidens.

I don't know what it really means, and I'm not sure that Kate knows anything
about them beyond that fact that they sound neat.  It may have some deeper
meaning, but I bet Kate was just reading SoS and liked the sound of them.
Of course the Sharon part is a reference to the Plain of Sharon south of
Nazareth and near the coast of the Mediterranean.  I have always assumed this
is just a way for her to say "I am really pretty."  Ros and lillies are
generally attractive things.

Wade