Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: December WBMA (and X4) in US

From: stevew@hal.com (Steve Williams)
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 1994 22:00:03 -0600 (CST)
Subject: Re: December WBMA (and X4) in US
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

In a recent message, freeform@aol.com (Charles) quoted Uli and then
followed with information from one of the many published works that
tries hard but still knows less about KaTe than the collective
LoveHoundian wisdom.

Charles then wrote:
> I had wondered about an Experiment IV 12", but according to the _Illustrated
> Collector's Guide to Kate Bush_ book, that single wasn't released in the
> USA...

I have a (not rare) copy of the USA X4 12", which, as Uli describes,
has Wuthering Heights (New Vocal) and December Will Be Magic Again
on side 2.  It was a 1986 USA release on EMI America, tied in with
the release of The Whole Story.  (Which does NOT contain DWBMA, to
head off another round of DWBMA confusion before it starts.)

Off the subject of where DWBMA has appeared previously in the USA, I
hope I CAN add some confusion by admitting that I also have another
USA 12" release of Experiment IV, but it's the promo-only piece of
vinyl.  And in spite of the fact that it's a 12-inch release, it's
not the "12-inch version".  The 6+ minute one we all (me, too)
commonly refer to as the 12" version is more accurately called the
"Long Version", which is how it's identified on that particular
label itself.

Steve Williams                      HaL Computer Systems, Inc.
stevew@hal.com                      3006-A Longhorn Blvd
Yep, she is.                        Austin, Texas 78758  USA