Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Live CD

From: Sam Warren <I_SW@zis.ziff.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 1994 09:38:36 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Live CD
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Hi all,

I know this has been mentioned on the list before, but I just found it myself,
so I thought I would add my .02 worth.  In a new CD store on Thompson (between
Bleecker and 3rd, I believe), I found several Kate bootlegs.  The one I bought
is "This Woman's Live Work".  The sound quality it, on the whole, pretty bad,
but the song selection is terrific.  My favorite I suppose is the piano version
of "Breathing" that she did for the Secret Policman's 2nd Ball gig.  There's
also a copy of "The (Wo)Man With The Child In (Her)/His Eyes" with additional
vocals by Peter Gabriel and Steve Harley.  And - all three selections from her
one and only Saturday Night Live appearance!

My overall recommendation is that it's only for the hardcore fans (and you know
who you are) since the sound quality brings the listener back to the days of
(mono) transister radios.  Actually, knowing the members on this list (or some)
as I do, I would imagine you've all got this one already!

-Sam