Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Happy Rhodes avail in South Africa

From: kuyper@iplan.co.za (Kuyper Hoffman)
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 1994 13:21:20 +0200 (EET)
Subject: Happy Rhodes avail in South Africa
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.UU.NET (Love Hounds), ecto@ns1.rutgers.edu

I am posting this to both Love-Hounds (of which I am a member) and
to Ecto (not subscribed, so any ecto-responses should also be sent
to me directly).

I was _very_ surprised to discover that I could buy Happy over the
counter in South Africa.  What surprised me more was that it was a
local pressing!! (ie the barcode prefix was 600-).  Unfortunately I
don't have it with me now, so I can't give you the Cat. Number, but
it _is_ different from the USA AGCD00?? format.  The only album
currently available is Warpaint.

As my site recveived Love-Hounds in digest for, I get to surprise
someone tomorrow night by playing it before thay read that I've
located it!

I've hardly had time to listen to it, but it sounds great so far.  I
also mangaed to get some Jane Siberry (6th album, name escapes me
now) but that was a full import and cost lots!! (equiv of US$30).

Cheers for now

Kuyper
--
|          Kuyper Hoffman               |  This signature contains:        |
|        kuyper@iplan.co.za             |  carbonated water, citric acid,  |