Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Tori boots - Re: Billboard Charts

From: uli@zoodle.RoBIN.de (Ulrich Grepel)
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 1994 20:52:00 +0100
Subject: Re: Tori boots - Re: Billboard Charts
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

[about bootlegs in discographies:]
> They can't (or shouldn't if they are) be in her discography, because they
> aren't official Tori items; they're not endorsed by Tori or Atlantic or
> East/West.

I think bootlegs should be mentioned in a discography but clearly flagged as
illegal material. A discography is for informational purposes and is not
intended as a kind of commercial ad or something like that. Just a thing
to help finding out how complete your collection is. If you want to collect
bootlegs (which should be your own decision) then you can use that information.
If you don't want to collect bootlegs then you can just ignore these entries.
IMHO it's only important that it's said clearly that an item IS a bootleg
so noone who don't want to have bootlegs would go searching for a disc which
he doesn't want to have.

Bye,

Uli

P.S.: Noone is able to stop me from listing bootlegs in the Kate discography
that I'm still in the process of compiling...

--
"Ich bin gluecklich verheiratet mit zwei Maedchen und einem Jungen"
- Roman Schedler in Aber Hallo, Jan. 23rd, 1993