Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Houdini

From: scasterg@cd.columbus.oh.us (Stuart Castergine)
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 1994 09:26:09 -0500
Subject: Re: Houdini
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

>Stuart Castergine says:
>>Houdini's wife isn't Rosabel. I forget her name, but "Rosabel Believe" was
>>the name of their favorite song or something like that. That's how it got
>>chosen as the code.
>
>I'm tempted to claim that I knew that, but I didn't.

'sawright -- I learned that from someone here on love-hounds myself! Can't
remember who I should be giving credit to, though!

 The (evidently wrong)
>version I related was what was passed on every year on a TV show called
>"Magicland," which was the longest running magic show on television (it was
>a local program).  Thanks for setting us straight on that.

Except for the name, I believe you were right -- she did try for years to
reach Harry, and once thought she succeeded when a medium gave the proper
code, but the medium was found to have gotten the code illicitly. She
eventually concluded that it couldn't be done. (I think -- again, I'm
recalling old love-hounds threads on this subject).

Of course, *I* could be all wrong (nah,it could never happen, could it?).
Now I'm curious, gotta go get a biography -- last time I read one was in
fourth or fifth grade. Many, many -- way too many -- moons ago. :-)

--
scasterg@delphi.com == Stuart Castergine                          ---
"And maybe I ain't used to maybes smashing in a cold room, cutting |/