Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Alan Murphy & Happy Rhodes (separately!)

From: LENNBOB@delphi.com
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 1994 13:49:34 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Alan Murphy & Happy Rhodes (separately!)
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Re: Alan Murphy

Alan Murphy was also a key part of Go West (which is probably how they got
Kate to sing backing vocals on 1987's "The king is dead").  If you're at all
familiar with them (even though they've only made three albums), you'll
notice how dramatically their sound changed between 1987 (e.g., "I want to
hear it from you", "True colours", "The king is dead") and 1990/2 ("King of
wishful thinking", "Faithful", "What you won't do for love").  He is sorely
missed.

Re: Happy Rhodes CDs in Berkeley

I haven't been down there for about 6 or 7 years, but I'd suggest Leopold's.
Then maybe Tower.

Kevin
lennbob@delphi.com
tintmeister@pan.com