Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1994-02 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

compilations, December Will Be..

From: freeform@aol.com
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 94 15:17:16 EST
Subject: compilations, December Will Be..
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Sender: "freeform" <freeform@aol.com>

Hi all...

Let's see....   If I were in charge of coming up with a compilation of Kate's
work I think I would also have to have two different volumes..
The first CD would be of her early work and the track list would be:

1. Them Heavy People
2. James & The Cold Gun
3. The Infant Kiss
4. December Will Be Magic Again
5. Oh England My Lionheart
6. Army Dreamers
7. Wuthering Heights
8. Moving
9. Breathing
10. Hammer Horror
11. The Man With The Child In His Eyes
12. Babooshka

The second CD would be of the later material and would look like this:

1. Running Up That Hill
2. The Sensual World
3. Cloudbusting
4. And So Is Love
5. Rubberband Girl
6. Under The Ivy
7. Suspended in Gaffa
8. Hounds of Love
9. The Red Shoes
10. Sat In Your Lap
11. This Woman's Work
12. Jig of Life
13. The Dreaming
14. Rocket's Tail
15. Moments of Pleasure
16. My Lagan Love

Well anyway...
Something struck me as being funny...  Those of us who regularly pick up
imports of Kate's work are quite used to December Will Be Magic Again "just
a-popping up" in all sorts of places.  But as far as I know, the song has
NEVER been released here in the states.  Anybody know for sure?  In any case,
there are probably a lot of Kate fans in the country who have never even
heard the song!    If I'm correct, DWBMA has appeared on the following
releases in the UK:
DWBMA original single release
Experiment IV  12" single
TWW box set
various varieties of the Moments of Pleasure single
and the original version of the song appears on the "It's Christmas"
compilation...

But none of these were American releases...

And since the song comes from Kate's time with EMI America, it is unlikely
that Sony will ever get the rights to the song.

PLEASE, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but it appears as though the song
remains unreleased in the USA.

Charles