Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-55 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

The Line, the cross, the curve in Oz

From: GRAHAM.G.R.DOMBKINS@BHPMELMSM.BHP.bhpmel04.telememo.au
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 1993 04:29:36 -0500
Subject: The Line, the cross, the curve in Oz
Alternate-Recipient: Allowed
X400-Content-Type: P2-1984 (2)
X400-Mts-Identifier: [/PRMD=BHPMEL04/ADMD=TELEMEMO/C=AU/;BHPMELMM Dec 30 20:29:28 1993]
X400-Originator: GRAHAM.G.R.DOMBKINS@BHPMELMSM.BHP.bhpmel04.telememo.au
X400-Received: by mta clix.aarnet.edu.au in /PRMD=OZ.AU/ADMD=TELEMEMO/C=AU/; Relayed; Thu, 30 Dec 1993 19:28:20 +1000
X400-Recipients: Love-Hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Hi all!

    This is the list I have recieved so far of those people interested in going
to see "The Line, the cross, the curve" here in Oz when it arrives for it's
promo tour next year in Feb.

Ross Alford       (+1) zlraa@marlin.jcu.edu.au           Queensland
Paul Bakker       (+3) bakker@cs.uq.oz.au                Queensland
James Smith       (+1) engjs@cc.newcastle.edu.au         New South Wales
Gerard Hill            gerard@mama.research.canon.oz.au  New South Wales
Jeff Lam          (+2) s2102938@cs.unsw.oz.au            New South Wales
Frederic Jobin    (+9) jobinf@qdpii.dpi.ind.qld.gov.au	 	Queensland
Paul Higginbottom (+2) paul@mama.research.canon.oz.au    New South Wales

    For those of you that missed my first post about this then listen up, here
it comes again...

==== old post ====
    Well it looks like we will finally be getting our wish to get Kate's film
'TLTCTC' shown here in Oz. I had been fed rumours from EMI for a little while
now that they were going to get the film to show here so I've been getting
ready for it. On Friday my contact in EMI gave me a call and said that there a
very few copies of the film going around BUT the one currently making the
rounds of the US at the moment, will be out here in Australia early next year.
It will be shown in every state when it gets here sometime January - February.

    Here's the fun part. They have asked me to get them a sort of list of
attendance figures (names and addresses??) for those who will be going to see
it and in what state. They'll then be doing a sort of media thing and so-forth
to hype it a bit. So, what I need from oz.gaffa (and nz.gaffa too if it'll
help) is a reply ASAP with who'll be going and in what state. Make sure you let
me know not only for yourselves BUT for all you other friends that'll be going
too. The bigger the list I can give them the better.

    You can reply to me either to my normal mail address or if that burps back
your message then try my alternate address - AUST0387@applelink.apple.com - I
read that one only every second day or so. If you want to spread the word and
have others mail their replies then send them to Graham Dombkins, 5/9 Virginia
Street, North Wollongong, NSW 2500. If nothing else works then I can be called
(W 042 - 757113, H 042 - 266985).

    Peter from HG has already been kind enough to give me a list of oz.HG/nz.HG
people (thanks Peter!) and I've already sent out a message detailing this to
them. Now if I could only figure out how to get KBC to give me a list like that
(or at least send out a message I give them) I'll be happy.

    I had planned on having a kind of mini Kate-Con here in Oz if they were
only going to show the film in Sydney but now they have decided to show it
everywhere so I don't suppose we'll all get to meet now. Oh well, it'll still
be great to get together in every state with a heap of other Kate fans and
enjoy a movie and possibly a night out afterwards (we'll see how things go)

    One last thing. I have already asked if Kate will be here as a part of the
release and EMI say as it stands so far NO. :-( We can only hope that a huge
response from Kate fandom here might get people to change their mind about
that! :-)

====

    So that's it. We seem to have a few from QLD and NSW interested. Where is
everybody else!!? So far my list of people attending is sitting at about 150
people scattered over Australia. I'd like to top 250 people if possible. I'm
sure we can do that!!

               :  Graham Dombkins
      /\/\     :  Personal Computer Services
     / / /\    :  BHP Information Technology
    / / /  \   :  PO Box 261, Warrawong, NSW 2502, AUSTRALIA
   / / / /\ \  :  A.C.N. 006 476 218
   \ \/ / / /  :  Phone       +61-42-757113
    \  / / /   :  Fax         +61-42-757908
     \/\/\/    :  E-mail      GRAHAM.G.R.DOMBKINS@
               :              BHPMELMSM.BHP.bhpmel04.telememo.au
               :  AppleLink   GRAHAM.G.R.DOMBKINS@=D002183@INTERNET#
               :  AppleLink   AUST0387
               :  X.400       G=GRAHAM I=GR S=DOMBKINS OU=BHPMELMSM O=BHP
               :              P=BHPMEL04 A=TELEMEMO C=AU
      "Hello Earth!!                    "I'm chasing nuns
       hello Earth..." - KT              out in the yard..." - TA