Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-55 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Dance Mix

From: I_SW@zis.ziff.com (Sam Warren)
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 1993 09:40:48 -0500
Subject: Dance Mix
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

ifisher@unixg.ubc.ca (Ian Fisher) writes:
>>Odyssey" the other night and heard a heavily rehashed dance mix of
>>"Wuthering Heights".  Is this happening elsewhere?  I should mention that
>>it was a gay club and that *may* have been a factor in the song being played.
>>
>>Ian Fisher, Vancouver, BC, Canada

and then mark says:
>The Odyssey has been playing that remix of Wuthering Heights for
>several weeks. Very danceable and a crowd-pleaser! I haven't seen it
>for sale anywhere, but apparently it's by "The Kate Project"... Anyone
>have any more info about it? (i.e. is it Kate-sanctioned? I assume so.)

About two months ago (at least it seems that long ago to me), this subject
popped up on Love-Hounds and someone said the song title was "Wuthering
Eights".  I asked at my local import shop (even gave him the name of the label,
although it eludes me at the moment), and he had no luck in obtaining it.  If
memory serves correctly, I believe the original poster heard the song in
Australia, and the recording label was in Italy ("Disco Magic," maybe?).  Now it
seems the song has skipped over the US altogether and bounced into Canada.
This is very frustrating.  ANY information leading to a recording of this would
be highly appreciated.

-Sam