Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-55 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

You can *smell* BO

From: vickie@pilot.njin.net (Vickie Mapes)
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 1993 01:31:28 -0500
Subject: You can *smell* BO
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

PMANCHESTER@ccmail.sunysb.edu (Peter Byrne Manchester) writes:

>       I've cast about all evening here for an analogy that features the same
>logic as the one I'm trying to convey:  imagine this guy, eyes like a hawk,
>keen of ear, master of tools--but he doesn't "believe in" B.O.  Only his
>friends can tell him.  And if they are friends, they should.

Huh? People "should" tell Chris about something he doesn't believe in? I
think you should cast about just a little bit longer, Peter.

If I weren't in such a good mood, I'd make a nasty parallel between BO and
religion, but I won't. I will say that BO is a concrete, *physical* thing,
a result of a chemical reaction in the body. BO is provable, religion is
not.

Vickie (who doesn't care *what* Kate may or may not believe in - unless
        it involves L. Ron Hubbard - as long as she keeps making music)