Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-54 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

A quick and dirty shell script tells me that over the last year there
have been about 5100 posts to Love-Hounds from about 820 unique mail
addresses.  From looking at these addresses I'd guess that anywhere
from a quarter to a third of them are actually different addresses for
the same person.  Based on that, I would estimate that those 5100 posts
came from anywhere between 540 and 615 Love-Hounds.

I don't know if there are 35,000 people out there who would call
themselves "Love-Hounds" but a 60:1 ratio of lurkers to posters
doesn't seem too hard to believe on a newsgroup.

"Don't drive too slowly."                 Richard Caldwell
                                          AT&T Network Systems
                                          att!cbnews!nrc
                                          nrc@cbnews.att.com