Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-54 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Mail from the KBC

From: uli@zoodle.RoBIN.de (Ulrich Grepel)
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1993 22:50:00 +0100
Subject: Mail from the KBC
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Hiya,

today I gotta letter from the KBC. I think I should share it with you:

----------8<----------

Kate Bush Club
PO Box 120. Welling Kent DA16 3DS

During the past few months we have been experimenting with a different way of
running the Club. Anyone who has sent in S.A.E.'s has received information on
releases, TV etc. This has worked well and everyone participating ahs been very
enthusiastic.

What we would like to do is make the Club more of an information service so there
will be no membership fee. All you need to do is send one Self Addressed Stamped
Envelope marked *SAE 3* (S.A.E. plus International Reply Coupon for overseas) and
when we know about an event or release far enough in advance, we will send you a
letter. Upon receipt you should send another S.A.S.E. marked 4. In the event of
an address change, please send a letter with your number and a new SASE. Please
do not send a bundle of envelopes, just one at a time (and if we already have a
SAE 3 for you - do not send another).

Magazines will still be produced when a creative project emerges and, as with The
Red Shoes issue, they will be on sale exclusively from us. Anyone with a current
Credit Note can use it to purchase them.

We can still include your swaps and pen pals on the information sheets and
consequently they will be more up to date than those printed in the old style
leaflets.

In fact there isn't much difference from before except we do not want any money.
You can still send your feedback to Kate via us, in the same way. We will still
keep everyone's name on the computer in case there is some extra special
information to be sent or if the record company wish to do a mail out as they did
once before. New "members" will still be given a membership number but no
membership package, the number will merely serve as a reference.

The new magazine is already at the printers but we will probably delay posting
until after the Christmas rush. It contains over 20 colour photos and even though
it will be sent in a stiffened envelope, we feel it would be safer to wait until
the New Year.

        *       *       *       *       *       *       *       *       *

KATE WILL BE SINGING ON THE DES O'CONNOR SHOW (PROBABLY TO BE BROADCAST ON 22nd
DECEMBER THOUGH IT MAY BE AN IDEA TO KEEP AN EYE ON THE TV PAPERS BEFORE THEN).
SHE WILL BE POERFORMING "MOMENTS OF PLEASURE".

        *       *       *       *       *       *       *       *       *

----------8<----------

Side 2 holds an order form for the new magazine which is 6 pounds sterling
per copy [might be Europe only, don't know international]. The KBC wants your
name, Membership No. (if you have one), and your address (if the KBC doesn't have
yours). They do now only accept

British Cheques,
Sterling Drafts To Be Drawn At A Bank In London
Sterling Girobank Cheques

They do not any longer accept Giro transfers because too many payments arrived
with no details.

They ask to be patient (please allow 28 days for delivery, and no mags will
be sent overseas until the new year).

Bye,

Uli

--
There are many Gods, but there is only one Steven Jobs - Doug Waldron
There are many Goddesses, but there is only one Kate Bush - ? - Bernd Driegert