Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-53 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

When you get into a low-energy state, you'll tend to stumble around
looking for an 'exit', and self-remembering can be a real help here.
What you *don't* want to do is succumb to addictive behavior, which
gives short-term gratification at the same time it digs you down
deeper into stupidity... but the best way to overcome these temptations--
to, say, get drunk, or find a one-night stand-- is to be totally
objective about it, not denying, not deceiving yourself what the
inevitable outcome is going to be.

(Am I preaching?  Yes and no:  *this is how energy works*.  It has a 'moral'
component that can't be separated from it.  Good energy is *good*.)

What else you don't want to do, is get into dependent (or co-dependent)
behavior where you're getting your energy, *as if by stealing it* from
others who are in better shape.  We will be looking into the paranormal
model of energy-theft, that considers it possible to have energy stolen 'at
a distance'.

So in your self-remembering, try to become aware, too, of when your own
energy *losses* seem to occur at the hands of one or another sort of
jerk... ("Look who did it to you/ Joker over there with nothing to do..."
The Roches, Jerks on the Loose)

Study the ways of the jerks, because some of their tricks are so subtle
you'll be unsure just where your good mood suddenly vanished to...
Dismissive gestures, put-downs, subtle ego-jabs-- these are just a
tiny few...

And notice, too, the times when you seem to have taken others' energy,
*unintentionally* even.   Be prepared to take responsibility for this
sort of bad manners (ridiculously common, anyway), and make an effort to
make amends...

[Anyone who wants to tell *me* i'm being a jerk, *can*.  please *do*, if
that's what you feel.  but convince me it's not just you want me to
go-away-and-die because you're in denial about all this... which is all
i feel i've been getting...]

jorn 'doing my bit to get the ellipses-economy going again' barger

ObKate: Richard Caldwell now has sole possession of the high moral ground
with regard to the Cathy demos.  Anybody considering smashing their CDs,
since Kate seem to want that?  (Gulp!!!)