Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-52 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Home For Christmas

From: wagreiner@ucdavis.edu ()
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1993 01:26:21 GMT
Subject: Re: Home For Christmas
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: usenet@ucdavis.edu (News Administrator)

Picked up this one a couple of days ago and I really enjoy hearing
"Home for Christmas."  Very simple and it doesn't sound like so much
doctoring was done to her voice.  I think it's the most intimate and
warm vocal performance from Kate I've heard in a long time.  I really
wish she would record like that more often.  Maybe it wouldn't take
four years to put together a record of songs like this and what a delight
it would be to have a whole set of "live" sounding recordings.

By the way, since my single says "Show a Little Devotion" is "previously
unreleased" and HfC is "previously unreleased in the US" I assume the latter
was released elsewhere?  Was it the one that was released in 1991 since
the copyright notice on the back indicated that at least one of the sound
recordings was copyrighted in '91.

Wade