Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-52 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Johnny D. anyone?

From: Alex Gibbs <arg@kilimanjaro.opt-sci.Arizona.EDU>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1993 04:50:33 -0700
Subject: Johnny D. anyone?
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET

Anyone heard of Johnny D. who used to be a Harvest label manager and
tried to get Kate promoted in the US in her early days?  He didn't
sound like he was very happy about the success of that effort.  He DJs
at a station in Phoenix now but at least is "allowed" to play Kate now
and then.  I can sort of get the station if I have all electronics off
and stand on my head while throwing a boomerang: in other words, not
really listenable.  (It's 120 miles away.)  Anyway he played a Kate
song (first I'd heard one on the radio in ages, which I pretty much
never listen to) and talked about being a fan so I called him and
chatted a bit and found out the above.
---
AlexGibbs arg@kilimanjaro.opt-sci.arizona.edu |\| | (~, |-| ~|~ |-| /-\ \/\/ |<
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely
 foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." <Douglas Adams
"Without the pain there'd be no learning.              \ / Constellation of the
 Without the hurting we'd never change."               / \  Heart  <Kate Bush>
"Have you ever seen a picture of Jesus laughing? Mmm, do   \   Why Should I
 you think He had a beautiful smile?  A smile that healed."  \  Love You?