Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-52 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

KaTe on TotP

From: GTP10@phx.cam.ac.uk
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 93 10:59:44 GMT
Subject: KaTe on TotP
To: Love-Hounds@uunet.UU.NET

"I was flicking through the channels on my TV" (anyone recognise this
line?) just before turning in last night when I stumbled onto David
'Kid' Jensen saying something along the lines of "It's amazing that
after 3 weeks Kate Bush is still at number one with her debut single
Wuthering Heights". This was on a Top Of The Pops rerun on UK Gold
(thank you, Cambridge Cable!). Anyway, there followed a mad scramble
to get a tape into my VCR.

I now have a PAL format (in Nicam stereo) recording of KaTe singing
WH live in the TotP studio. She is wearing a long dark dress and looks
gorgeous (as usual). Unfortunately, due to being caught unawares, the
very start of the performance is missing (the repeated piano motif)
but I did get all the vocal. I'd be happy to submit the recording for
inclusion on any future tape-tree project (interested, Chris?).

Geoff Parks