Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-52 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

WE SAW KATE AND THE FILM!

From: aj796@FreeNet.Carleton.CA (Tippi Chai)
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1993 05:50:22 GMT
Subject: WE SAW KATE AND THE FILM!
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@freenet.carleton.ca

YIIIIIPEEEEE!

Les has already made a synopsis of this wonderdul KaTe evening we had.
I'll just add some bits that Les left out.  The last 2 rows of the
theatre were reserve for KaTe, and we found seats near the middle.  As soon
as we set down, the head of EMI-Canada welcomed the fans (and got applauded)
and he introduced KaTe.  As she walked down the aisle (I was just 1 seat away
from the aisle!) the fans cheered, whistled, screamed etc. and gave a
standing ovation!  Then KaTe welcomed us to her film, and said this is
one of the very few showings it has had, and hope that we would enjoy it.
Then she walked back up the aisle, to thunderous applause again.  The film
started - and the magic began!  Since it was described here before, I won't
repeat anything here, except that each song segment can stand on itself as
a music video and yet is a part of a cohesive whole - wonderful!  The most
moving scene is the end of MoP, but the segment I liked most is Lily.
Les observed that after the film KaTe left when the credits were rolling -
the only entrance/exit is at the back so she did it unhindered.

Then we went back to the CFNY studio, about 20 minutes of walking away.
They said on the radio that fans can go down to look through the glass front
of the studio, but as we got there we saw that brown paper completely
plastered the glass!  We heard that EMI didn't like the idea of people
peeking in and requested that.  Les & I had cards for KaTe and I even had
some hand-made (*my* hands) earrings for her.  So I asked the bullies who
were guarding the door if they could take it inside for us.  One said no,
but the other said yes and took them.  Hopefully they're in KaTe's hands
now....

I called MuchMusic to ask when the interview would be.  They say Tuesday
but not at their downtown studio, and the broadcast time is still to be
decided.  I'll post when I find out more.

"It's really happening to ya!"

--
Tippi Chai, Toronto, ON, Canada      aj796@freenet.carleton.ca
"To where the water and the earth caress" Kate Bsuh