Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-52 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Her Kateness in NYC (long)

From: vickie@pilot.njin.net (Vickie Mapes)
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 93 20:34:07 EST
Subject: Re: Her Kateness in NYC (long)
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

jrp@accint.COM writes:

>Greeting, beloved brethren in Kate...

Hi Jason, thank for this wonderful account of your day!

>Since I didn't see Andy or Doug's report, I'll make some general commentary
>before relating my experience.
> (BTW...Chris and Vickie...you were missed. I was suprised you couldn't
> show, and was standing next to a guy whose name I don't recall at the
> moment (an ex LH), who commented about you not being here, and
> |>oug I think mentioned it also. Well...you were in our thought...
> at least until we caught a glimpse of Her. Ahem.)

Wow! That's very sweet of you to say so! I don't recall us ever being
in contact before, which made this even more suprising to read. Thank
you (and |>oug and the other fella) for thinking of us.

We really wanted to go, especially since we were at the Tower signing
back in 1985. We never got in line then though, knowing it was hopeless. We
just milled around and met other fans, including |>oug. We didn't go this
time simply because we didn't have the money. We had just spent way too
much to go to Toronto to see the Goddess concert. It was *definitely*,
certainly worth the amount we spent, so I'm not bitching. But it did
leave us tapped out for Kate's New York appearance. Now, if there had
been a concert involved, we would have *sold* things to be able to be
there!

Anyway, thanks for the nice report (I just read it to Andy/IED over the
phone) and the nice personal sentiments. Congratulations on getting
in and getting just a good "watching" spot!

Vickie