Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-51 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Male Artists?

From: bbaker@Novell.COM ()
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 1993 19:09:54 GMT
Subject: Male Artists?
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@Novell.COM (The Netnews Manager)

I hope I don't upset anyone talking about male artists here but...

My music collection has female artists outnumbering males by
about 3 to 1.

Any recommendations for male artists? Especially good vocalists.
Please state the reason for nomination, eg:

1. (Voice) those that might be able to hold
   their own in a duo with Kate or Happy or Sarah or Tori or ...
2. (Style) those of noteworthy writing or style.

I'll start with some of my fav's...

Voice Category
--------------
Bryan Ferry (of Roxy Music)
Cris Isaak
The brothers Finn - Niel Finn (of Crowded House) and Tim Finn (of self)
Mark Hollis (of Talk Talk)
Roy Orbinson (I can't help it, I've always thought he's great)

Style Category
Peter Gabriel (and possibly the voice category)
Elvis Costello
lead for The The (forgot his name)
lead for The Fine Young Cannabals

Thanks,