Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-51 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate and TLTCTC plans in US, or lack of

From: Alex Gibbs <arg@kilimanjaro.opt-sci.Arizona.EDU>
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 1993 04:35:12 -0700
Subject: Kate and TLTCTC plans in US, or lack of
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET, ecto@ns1.rutgers.edu

I talked to Tom at C-Side tonight and he told me that he talked to Nick
at Sony who is the head of promo for Kate in the US.  Tom was told that:

1. Kate isn't scheduled for any TV appearances in the US.  (I'm still
keeping a look out.  It's dissapointing that she came all this way
only to be heard and seen by a relatively small number of people!  TV
would let the whole country see her.  Someone tell her there's much
nicer places in the US than NY City...  say Tucson for example! *grin*
Well, I should add no one has said she isn't going somewhere else in
the US. I forgot to ask Tom about it but I'm pretty certain he would
have told me since he knew I was going to post here.)

2. Sony doesn't have the rights to _The Line, The Cross, The Curve_ in
the US and can't do anything about showing it.  (No wonder she's going
to Toronto to show it!?)  However, Kate supposedly brought it with her
and it will be shown to the press and promoters on the 10th.  There is
no public viewing of the movie planned for the US at this point.
( :( Guess they still have to figure out who has the rights.  UGH!!!)

He also heard a *rumor* from somewhere else that RbG might be the next
US single.  Not very surprising since it has been on MTV at least 3
times and EtM only once that I know of.  That rumor could have been
started here though, so who knows.

Well, sorry to be the bearer of bad news... no news isn't always good
news.  I hope her visit at least gets the film moving here.
---
AlexGibbs arg@kilimanjaro.opt-sci.arizona.edu |\| | (~, |-| ~|~ |-| /-\ \/\/ |<
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely
 foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." <Douglas Adams
"Without the pain there'd be no learning.              \ / Constellation of the
 Without the hurting we'd never change."               / \  Heart  <Kate Bush>
"Have you ever seen a picture of Jesus laughing? Mmm, do   \   Why Should I
 you think He had a beautiful smile?  A smile that healed."  \  Love You?