Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-49 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Recommendations? (please)

From: Damon_Harper@mindlink.bc.ca (Damon Harper)
Date: 3 Dec 93 09:42:36 GMT
Subject: Recommendations? (please)
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Hi... I'm doing my Christmas shopping soon, and music is the item for
everyone on my list.  I just thought I'd appeal to the good taste inherent in
any Kate Bush fan, so: what artist(s)/group(s) would you people recommend for
someone who likes Sarah McLaughlin, Tori Amos, Enya, Loreena McKennitt, Jane
Siberry (sp?) and Kate (at least TRS... he hasn't heard any of her other
stuff yet, but I'm going to make him listen to it over Xmas holidays [I would
buy him one of Kate's albums, but he says if he likes it enough he might get
TWW, so...])? If someone here is going to suggest Happy Rhodes, please tell
me a bit about her... I'm curious.  Thanks for any suggestions.  (The idiot
[the friend I'm shopping for :-)] went out and bought Loreena McKennitt's "To
Wish The Cold Winter Away" for himself... it would have made the perfect Xmas
gift...)

Also in the news, I got the box set... excellent except for the lack of
lyrics (NFE, TD and HOL are cheap versions in the Canadian set).  Just
thought I'd mention that it is on sale at A&B Sound in Vancouver for $90 CDN
(i.e. DON'T pay $120-$160...)

Thanks Again.

--

                                                                          -
Me

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions expressed are my own, and not necessarily those of
             any company I may, at some future time, represent, although any
             company _I_ represent had better have the same views as me,