Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1993-49 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate does Beatles?

From: ed@wente.llnl.gov (Ed Suranyi)
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 93 11:11:28 -0800
Subject: Re: Kate does Beatles?
To: love-hounds@uunet.UU.NET
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <Dec.1.18.32.26.1993.16329@gauss.rutgers.edu> you write:

>It has come to my attention (from a marginally reliable source) that
>there exist in the Universe at least three Beatles tunes done
>Kate-style.  "Let it Be" and "She's Leaving Home" may be among them.
>Can anybody verify their existence?

I can.  Kate performed "She's Leaving Home" and "The Long And
Winding Road" on Japanese TV near the beginning of her career,
and these songs have found their way onto bootlegs.  Within the
last five years, very poor quality video of these performances have
also surfaced, as well as a version of "Let It Be" performed with
some of her Japanese hosts.  Many years later, she sang a few lines
of this song again as part of relief for the Zeebrugge ferry disaster.

Ed
ed@wente.llnl.gov